9/15/2015 7:46:00 AM |
Is your smile a constant source of insecurity for you, but you don’t want the hassle, or visibility, of traditional corrective braces? Many adults and teens crave a perfect, straight smile and bite, but the thought of wearing metal braces on their teeth for years is a definite turn-off. Luckily, there is a less visible, yet just as effective, option: Invisalign®.
Invisalign is perfect for adults or teens who want to covertly correct their smile. Invisalign uses custom-made, clear aligners to gradually, and gently, shift your teeth in place. No one will know that you’re wearing braces! There are many benefits to using Invisalign, and the perks don’t stop at cosmetic reasons.
The Benefits of Invisalign®
- Shorter Treatment Time than Traditional Braces- That’s right- Invisalign actually straightens your teeth in less time than metal braces. On average, treatment takes about a year for adults.
- Anything Braces Can Do, Invisalign Can Do, Too- While there is definitely a place for metal braces, you shouldn’t feel like you have to use them because they are the best choice. Invisalign is just as effective as metal braces, and can treat common issues such as gapped teeth, underbites, overbites, open bites, overly crowded teeth, and crossbites.
- Easy to Clean Teeth- Invisalign offers the benefit of being removable, allowing patients the ability to more effectively floss and brush their teeth. Not only is this better for your overall periodontal health, it just makes life with braces easier to handle.
- Eat What You Want- There are no diet restrictions with Invisalign. You can enjoy all of your favorite foods worry-free.
- Comfortable and Safe- Traditional metal braces can sometimes injure the soft tissues inside your mouth, causing pain. Invisalign’s smooth, clear, plastic aligners are easy on your mouth and won’t cause pain. This makes Invisalign perfect for teens who play sports, or adults who have high-impact jobs or hobbies.
Overall, Invisalign is a great option if you’re looking for an easy way to straighten your teeth that won’t cramp your style. Perfect for teens and adults alike, Invisalign fits into any busy lifestyle, and will help you achieve that perfect, glowing smile in no time.
Make an Appointment Today
4/20/2015 2:39:00 PM |
There is nothing worse than having to have dental treatments that take several days or weeks to complete. It's hard enough taking a day off of work or school, but when you need multiple days off, it can almost be impossible. However, if you need crowns put on, you now have the ability for all of the work to be done in one day. This is made possible through the E4D system.
How do Same Day Crowns work?
The E4D system is made up of computer-assisted design (CAD) tools and a milling machine. A digital impression is taken of the tooth and the dentist will view it on a monitor design the restoration. The final design will then be sent to an in-office machine and, using a block of ceramic that matches tooth color, a custom crown will soon be created.
The Benefits of the E4D System
The E4D system offers anyone who needs crowns several advantages compared to the way they are traditionally made, including:
- Fewer dentist appointments - This is the biggest benefit of the E4D system. You can get all of your crowns taken care of in just one visit.
- Minimally invasive - It's very possible you will only need to receive local anesthetic once to prepare each tooth.
- Improved accuracy - The CAD tools used are the best in the business and are designed to perfectly match the contours of your teeth.
- No need for temporary crowns - Again, since you will be getting all of your permanent crowns taken care of in one appointment, you won't have to have temporaries put on.
- More affordable - Fewer dentist visits mean that you will be able to save more money.
- Less pain - There aren't as many injections, which means less pain and discomfort for you.
If you need crowns put in or are looking to replace your old or worn out ones, the E4D system could be perfect procedure for your busy schedule. Call Dr. Diane Arel
at Art of Smiles Dentistry in Harrison, OH for more information or to schedule a consultation.
4/7/2015 2:28:00 PM |
How do you feel about your smile? Are you embarrassed to show it off because you have gaps or crooked teeth? Perhaps you've thought about doing something to fix your smile but didn't want to have to deal with uncomfortable metal braces. Well, now you don't have to. Over the last several years, braces have come a long way. Unattractive and cumbersome metal is not the only option anymore. There's a cosmetic alternative to traditional brace-wear called Invisalign®
that has become a popular choice among adults.
4 Major Benefits of Invisalign
- Appearance - The aligner trays used in the Invisalign system are nearly invisible.
- Comfort - Instead of sharp metal, the aligners are made of smooth plastic.
- Quickness - The Invisalign system straightens teeth faster than traditional braces.
- Ease of use - Patients can remove their aligners when they eat or drink and for brushing and flossing purposes, unlike with metal braces.
Invisalign for Young Adults
If you have older children that are in need of braces, there is a good chance that they may not want to wear metal braces. Invisalign could be the perfect solution. A young adult can start using Invisalign as long as he or she has all of their permanent teeth and qualifies for the procedure. The most important requirement for young adults is that they wear their aligners for at least 22 hours a day without misplacing the aligner when it is out of the mouth.. In addition, they need to visit their dentist twice a month to get new trays.
When you have decided it's finally time to do something about your smile and you'd like to learn how Invisalign can help, contact Dr.Diane Arel
. Find out if Invisalign is a good choice for you. Schedule your consultation with Art of Smiles Dentistry in Harrison today!
3/23/2015 2:24:00 PM |
Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is a very common oral health ailment that is too often ignored. Preventive education best nips this disease in the early stages before it becomes irreversible. Gum disease is caused when plaque builds up between the teeth and gums. When enough bacteria accumulate, the gums surrounding the tooth become inflamed. This can result in the deterioration of the gums and bone structure, which could ultimately lead to tooth loss.
6 tips to prevent gum disease:
- Brush twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. Brushing helps remove food and plaque hiding between teeth and gums. Also, don't forget to brush your tongue.
- Floss at least once a day, as this can help get rid of the food debris that your toothbrush couldn't reach.
- Use an antiseptic or fluoride rinse at least once daily. This can help reduce plaque and hopefully remove any remaining food particles that your toothbrush or floss might have missed.
- Don't smoke, as this can increase your chance of gum disease.
- Reduce your stress. People under a lot of stress have a compromised immune system. This makes it harder for them to fight off the bacteria that causes gum disease.
- See your dentist. Your dentist will examine your entire mouth and identify possible symptoms of gum disease.
More than Dental Health
Did you know that gum disease can lead to much more serious health issues? Studies have shown that people with gum disease
were more likely to have strokes and develop heart disease and diabetes. Gum disease has also been linked to osteoporosis and respiratory disease. In addition, pregnant women with the disease could expose their unborn child to a variety of health risks.
Gum disease can be quite severe, but the good news is that it is very preventable. As long as you practice good dental care, it's something you may never have to deal with. Contact Art of Smiles Dentistry inHarrison, OH
and schedule your next appointment.
3/11/2015 2:21:00 PM |
Are you suffering from broken teeth or fractured fillings? Are you unhappy with the way your teeth look and want to restore them to their original size and shape? Then crowns could be the solution you are looking for. Crowns are little caps that cover the entire tooth surface, protecting and strengthening it. They come in a variety of different materials, so it can be difficult making a choice. Porcelain and composite crowns are two of the most popular materials used for crowns. Here are the pros and cons of each.
Advantages of Porcelain Crowns
The biggest advantage of porcelain crowns is that they look the most lifelike, as the porcelain is sculpted to look like natural tooth enamel. In addition to appearing like your own teeth, they are also strong and durable. Porcelain crowns do not conduct heat or cold well, which reduces temperature sensitivity. They are also a very good option for people who may have an adverse reaction to metal. The only real downside to porcelain crowns is that their thickness requires that more of the tooth structure be removed. It can also be harder for a dentist to get the perfect fit where the crown meets the gum.
Benefits of Composite Crowns
Composite crowns also look natural, but they are softer than porcelain, which means they have a tendency to wear down more quickly. Additionally, brushing tends to take off the polished surface of composite crowns and causes them to stain more easily. These kinds of crowns are a good option for long-term temporaries or for people whose teeth have a high rate of decay. Composite crowns are also generally less expensive than ones made with porcelain.
Art of Smiles Dentistry offers CEREC (same day crowns)
Typical crown restoration involves at least two office visits. Same day crowns treat your tooth in one office visit. CEREC crowns are strong color matched restorations to meet the needs of patients with busy schedules. Art ofDentistry is proud to offer same day crown service
to our Harrison area patients who are in need of an aesthetically pleasing and fully functioning crown with longevity.
Which type of crown is right for you?
2/24/2015 1:14:00 PM |
Have you noticed some new lines and wrinkles on your face? Does it seem like every time you look in the mirror you spot a few more? Maybe it's time you did something about them. There are now many options available to get rid of stubborn lines and wrinkles.Two of the most popular treatments useBotox and Restylane
How does Botox work?
Botox is a naturally-produced protein that blocks nerve impulses that cause muscles to tense, which ultimately create wrinkles. When muscles stays relaxed, lines and wrinkles are not as prominent.
Botox is injected directly into the neuromuscular tissue at the desired location. It usually takes 24 to 72 hours to take effect, but some people might not see results for up to five days.
What are the advantages of Botox?
- Botox is proven to be very effective at treating frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and crow's feet
- The procedure is very quick
- Results can be seen almost immediately and can last up to six months
- Botox is the first and only FDA-approved prescription to treat lines and wrinkles
- Botox is safe to use and produces few side effects
How does Restylane work?
Restylane is also a natural substance used to fight lines and wrinkles. It is a dermal filler composed of a biodegradable hyaluronic acid. Like Botox, Restylane is injected directly into the skin. Restylane begins working right away, but because of swelling, the final results won't be revealed for one to two weeks.
What are the advantages of Restylane?
- Restylane can give you a more youthful appearance
- It fills lines and wrinkles and is particularly effective around the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Restylane adds volume and definition to lips
- The procedure is very quick and effective
- Restylane produces long-lasting results
If you're tired of seeing all the lines and wrinkles on your face and want to reclaim your youthful-looking skin, both Botox and Restylane offer several advantages. Contact Dr. Diane Arel
of Art of Smiles Dentistry for more information about Botox and Restylane injections. Dr. Arel’s passion for cosmetic dentistry doesn’t end with cosmetic restorations. Schedule an appointment to see what Art of Smiles can do for you.
2/9/2015 1:01:00 PM |
There's a very easy way to take care of your teeth. Whether you realize it or not, you could be doing it everyday. If the water in your town is fluoridated, every time you drink from your tap, you are improving the health of your teeth. But what if your water supply doesn't have fluoride in it? If this is the case, you should think about getting regular fluoride treatments.
Here are 4 benefits of fluoride treatments can help you:
The main benefit of fluoride is that it can help prevent tooth decay. In addition, it also has the ability to reverse erosion that is already occurring. If plaque has formed on teeth, it can erode the enamel, but fluoride treatments can replace the minerals that were eaten away.
Crowns, Bridges, or Braces
Someone who has crowns
, bridges, or braces should be getting fluoride treatments on a regular basis. This is because bacteria can get trapped where a crown meets the tooth structure as well as in and around orthodontic appliances, and could lead to tooth decay.
Dry mouth can be caused by diseases such as Sjögren's syndrome, certain medications, and head and neck radiation treatment, and it makes someone more at risk for tooth decay. This is due to the lack of saliva produced, which makes it more difficult for food particles to be washed away as well as acids to be neutralized.
Do you have young children in your household? Kids under the age of six in particular should be getting fluoride for several reasons. Fluoride can fight gingivitis, prevent bacteria from building up around the gums, and also help create good dental health in the long run.
Even if you are getting fluoride from your water supply, it may not be enough to prevent tooth decay. Every time you visit your dentist, fluoride should be a regular part of your treatments. Contact Art of SmilesDentistry
to schedule your next appointment. We welcome new patients in and around Harrison, OH.
9/18/2014 10:18:00 AM |
We're excited to announce the official launch of our Art of Smiles Dentistry blog.
We'll be posting helpful dental tips, news from the dental industry, news from our practice, and more about the latest in dentistry.
We built our practice on the notion that we're there for our patients when they need us and we want our online presence to be a reflection of that principle. We hope this blog provides an extra level of service to our current and future patients.
If you would like to stay up to date on the latest from Art of Smiles Dentistry, simply click the RSS “Subscribe to feed” link located on our website and subscribe. Our subscribers will be updated when we make a new blog post.
Here's to your best oral health ever!